What a good week we have had! Aiden started 2nd grade and Brady started preschool on Monday and Scott's students started on Wednesday so we are officially back into the swing of things!
Aiden is enjoying 2nd grade so far...he said the 1st day was boring because he said that they just sat around. When I asked him how his day went the 2nd day he said, "It was so much better than yesterday!" I asked him if it was because they learned some things and he said, "Yes, that is how school is supposed to be!" He cracks me up. Such an eager learner.
He is also back at the ice arena for their after school program and loving that again. They are on the ice 4 days a week.
Brady is most excited about getting to play on the big kids playground now at school. I asked him his first day how he liked it and he asked if he was a big boy like Bubba (aka Aiden) now? I told him that he is getting bigger, but he won't be a big boy until he is potty trained (ok I used terms he would understand, but thought I would spare you the vocabulary here) :) He does well when we are consistent but even then has accidents. I have not taken the plunge to letting him try it without a pull-up, just underwear to see how that goes...thinking if he has an accident (ok, or more realisticly, 20) than this will aid in the potty training process. Just might have to do that soon I guess.
Aiden also had soccer evaluations this week and he is anxiously awaiting to find out his team and when practices will start. The first game is September 12th. He towered over most of the kids that were on his team during the evaluation. He is not happy that he still has to play in the midget league - does not like that connotation at all - he said I am not a midget, I am very tall for my age. LOL Honestly kid, you kill me :)


No comments:
Post a Comment