Monday, September 14, 2009

Yet another medical incident...

Well somehow Aiden managed to hurt his ankle. He can't remember quite how he did it - he was outside playing in the driveway with his cousin Jake and they were chasing each other and he fell. Shortly after he got hurt, Jake got hurt and so Aiden never said anything until we were getting ready to leave. He mentioned he hurt his ankle and it was hurting. By the time we got home and he was limping a little bit, it had started swelling. So we iced it a bit, gave him some ibuprofen and put him to bed. This morning it was swollen up much larger and all bruised...and he could not put weight on it without causing a lot of pain. So we headed to the doctor's office and had it looked at and x-rayed. He said it was not sprained and based on preliminary results of the x-ray, it is not broken or fractured. So he said it is likely a pretty bad contusion. We should have the final x-ray results tomorrow. In the mean time, he is instructed to keep it elevated and iced and continue using the ibuprofen. Hopefully the final report comes back that there truly is no fracture or brake. Scott and I do not have the best ankles and poor Aiden is getting a young start on problems with ankles too :( He is using crutches that Ashlyn had gotten when she sprained her ankle last year so it has been an interesting day for him getting used to using the crutches. He is doing very well! Hopefully he will only need to use them for a few days and he will be back to putting pressure on it again, but we will wait and see. He is bummed that he will miss out on soccer practice and his game this week, but will be there on the sideline cheering his team on! We will report back when we find out any more details. Oh, and I figured that I would spare all of you the pictures of his yucky, swollen, black and blue ankle!!!

4 comments:

  1. The ground here at the condos is so uneven..they don't roll it in the spring:( It's no wonder the poor kid fell..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for joining my blog followers! You have a stunningly beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks April! I discovered your site through my sister, Melanie. Your photography is amazing! I have never seen eyes like the ones in your photos...simply beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I finally realized you follow my site, and I am so excited to find out about your blog! So 2 boys too, huh? Busy isn't it? :) Sorry we missed you at the reunion. We only made it to the family day, which was really fun. Good way to wear out the boys. :) Can I list your blog in my blog roll?
    Take care, Megan

    ReplyDelete